What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, billing and delivery address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience. By using our website (https://www.snackage.co.za/) you agree that we may store this information solely for our own use. We will retain this information for a reasonable period or for as long as the law requires.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
We will always treat the information we collect from you as personal and confidential. Your details will only ever be used to complete orders, provide you with the best possible service and to enable us to send you information about promotional offers, new products and services. Your personal information will not be sold to any third party or company but will be shared with our payment processing partners as well as with couriers and shipping agents in respect of delivering your order to you
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all credit card transactions.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This encryption process ensures the information you give us is protected against unauthorised access.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. We have implemented technology and security features, as well as strict internal guidelines, to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from unauthorised access or improper use. We will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available. While we make every effort to ensure that your information is secure on our system, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
All transactions are processed through a payment gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act
In simple terms, the purpose of the POPI Act is to ensure that all South African companies conduct themselves in a responsible manner when collecting, processing, storing and sharing another entity’s personal information by holding them accountable should they abuse or compromise their personal information in any way. The POPI Act recognises the right to privacy enshrined in the Constitution and gives effect to this right by mandatory procedures and mechanisms for the handling and processing of personal information. The POPI Act is in line with current international trends and laws on privacy. ‘Processing’ is widely defined, including the ‘collection, recording, organisation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form, merging, linking, as well as blocking, erasure or destruction of personal information.’ – See more at: https://www.gov.za/documents/protection-personal-information-act
According to POPI Act, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- The processing of information is limited to the collection mechanisms and for the purposes described in this policy.
- The information is only be used for the specified purpose it was originally obtained for.
- No further processing of personal information is undertaken beyond the scope specified in this policy.
- We, our partners and service providers always endeavour to ensure the quality of the information in our systems by taking reasonable steps to ensure that the information is complete, not misleading, up to date and accurate.
- We, our partners and service providers always endeavour to ensure that the proper security safeguards and measures to safeguard against loss, damage, destruction and unauthorised or unlawful access or processing of the information, has been put in place.
- You are able to access your personal information on our site using the access credential you created when you registered, and update or correct the information.
Acceptance of this policy
- By using our website you consent to the collection and use of your personal information and the storage of cookies as described above.
You can change your personal information:
- By logging in to your account
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We don’t honor Do Not Track signals at this stage, but will consider implementing systems to recognise and honor Do Not Track signals in future.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
Protection of children’s privacy on our site
- We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
- Do we let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins collect PII from children under 13?
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
P. O. Box 411
011 056 8756
Last Edited on 2018-03-06